Norwegian oat cookies best served with butter and jam! These were a staple in our house growing up. It's really easy to whip up a batch!
Makes about 40 cookies
1 ¾ stick of butter
⅓ cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 ½ cups of rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- .In a saucepan melt butter, sugar and milk.
- Add oats, baking powder, salt and flour to a bowl and stir in the milk mixture.
- If the dough seems too loose just add a little more flour.
- Roll out thin in a little flour using a rolling pin.
- Cut out cookies into 2 inch squares and place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
Made it? Tell us about it–