I'm a big fan of cornish hens, they're easy to make and impressive to serve! The herbs and lemon give the hens such an great taste. Serve with roasted potatoes and salsa verde for some extra zing!
8 Cornish hens (get the best quality you can find)
fresh herbs, I used oregano and thyme
4 lemons, cut in half
salt & pepper, to taste
20 pearl onions, peeled
1 cup steamed and shelled edamame
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- Gently lift the breast skin from the hens and stuff with herbs.
- Place the lemons in the cavities.
- Rub the hens with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper all over.
- Place in a baking trays and add the onions.
- Bake for about 1 hour until golden and cooked through.
- Place the hens on serving trays surrounded by herbs, pearl onions, and edamame.
Made it? Tell us about it–