Wonderfully decadent and festive, this is a must for any holiday entertaining. Serve with lashing of crème fraîche and a good liquer.
For the Tart:
2 cups chocolate flavored cookies or crackers, ground
1/3 cup hibiscus sugar
11⁄2 sticks melted butter
11⁄4 cups heavy cream
10 oz bittersweet chocolate (75% cocoa), roughly chopped
2 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons hibiscus syrup
cocoa powder, for dusting
For the Ganache:
4 tablespoons heavy cream
31⁄2 oz bittersweet chocolate (75% Cacao), roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground cookies or crackers, sugar, and melted butter until completely combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 10” tart pan and press evenly up the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Bring the 11⁄4 cups cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium to high heat.
- Remove from the heat, add 10oz of chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Add the eggs and 1 tablespoon of hibiscus syrup and vigorously stir until completely combined.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the tart shell and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- To make the ganache, bring the cream to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining chocolate.
- Stir until smooth then add the remaining 2 tablespoons hibiscus syrup and continue to stir until completely combined.
- Pour the ganache over the tart and allow to set.
- Finish with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Made it? Tell us about it–