Serve these dark jeweled pears warm with mascarpone or chilled with a wedge of Stilton. They are the perfect match for long slow winter roasts.
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
4 firm but ripe medium-sized pears
3 cups hibiscus syrup
2 bay leaves
- Cut the pears in half and remove any pips.
- Bring the syrup to a boil in medium-sized pan.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the pears and bay leaves.
- Cook for 6–8 minutes until the pears are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pears and place them in a shallow bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat and boil the syrup over a medium to high heat until it has reduced by half.
- Pour the syrup over the pears and serve.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Made it? Tell us about it–