This gorgeous dark floral ruby red syrup is a must for your pantry. Sweeten desserts, teas, winter fruits with a dash of it. Add a splash to a winter cocktail or chilled glass of Prosecco.
Makes 1 1⁄2 cups
1 cup fine white sugar
1 cup water
1⁄2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the hibiscus flowers and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Strain and reserve the flowers for garnishing.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Made it? Tell us about it–