Makes about 30
You will need:
1 cup whipping cream
1 lb good quality dark chocolate (get the good stuff!)
1 tablespoon Amaretto
peppermint candy, finely crushed
pistachios, finely chopped
- Put cream in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil.
- Place the chocolate and Amaretto in a bowl, and pour the cream over.
- Stir gently to dissolve the chocolate.
- Leave to cool.
- When the mixture is set, use a spoon to scrape teaspoon-size balls. Use your hands to roll them into balls—messy but fun.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder, peppermint, or pistachio.
- Store in a cool place. But who are we kidding, they will be gone before you can say the word storage.
Made it? Tell us about it–