I try to make my own dog treats. I really want to know what is in the food I give my pups, especially since they both have food allergies. I try to use organic ingredients as often as I can. This recipe should only be used if you know your dog is not allergic to whole wheat flour.
Makes 50 treats
21⁄2 cups organic whole wheat flour
2 large carrots, grated
2 ripe bananas, in pieces
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place flour, carrots, bananas, egg, and oil in a bowl and mix it all together. Use your hands—it’s the easiest way.
- If the dough seems dry, add a little water. If it seems loose, add more flour.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut out cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden and dry, about 18–20 minutes.
- Allow treats to cool and store in a paper bag.
Made it? Tell us about it–