This simple homemade jam is great for toast, or use as fillings in pies and cakes. I don't usually process small-batch jams like this, but you could if you wanted to.
Makes 6 Cups
1 pound plums, firm ones are best
1 pound apples, like Granny Smith
3/4 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla pod, cut in half lengthwise
- Remove the pits from the plums and coarsely chop.
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- In a medium saucepan, cook plums, apples, water, cinnamon sticks and vanilla.
- Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes; the fruit should become soft.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the jam into clean jars; fill to the top. Add a lid and cool; store in the fridge.
Made it? Tell us about it–