Let's face it, sausage is really hard to make, so why not make my "homemade" ones. Use whatever sausage meat you like the most (sweet Italian is my favorite). The added cheese, sage, and broccoli makes them next- level delicious. You can order casing at your local butcher.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
MAKES 8 SAUSAGES
1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli rabe, cooked
2 pounds sausage
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 ounce salted pork casings, soaked for 30 minutes and flushed out
- Sauté the sage in butter until crispy. Pour off the butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sage into the sausage with the broccoli rabe and cheese, making sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag, and squeeze the mixture into the casing.
- Once you have a good-sized sausage (mine was about 5 inches long), twist the casing a few times and start another sausage.
- Once they are done, leave them in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Cook in some butter about 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sweet mustard.
Made it? Tell us about it–