Just a few basic ingredients unite into simple yet wonderful ice cream! You can swap in your favorite fruit of the season, but I adore making this recipe with fresh raspberries! If you don't have an ice cream maker, now is the time to invest in one!
Makes about 1 Quart
8 egg yolks
11⁄3 cups sugar
2 cups milk
2 cups raspberries
2 cups cream
- Place eggs and sugar in a saucepan. Mix it well as you increase temperature over low heat.
- Add milk and stir the mixture until it thickens. This takes about 10 minutes. Don’t let it boil.
- Set aside to cool completely in the refridgerator.
- Add raspberries and cream.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze
- Serve on sugar cones with crushed meringue.
Made it? Tell us about it–