Based on Buffalo’s world-famous wings, my version is just turned up a notch. Like the classic, I always serve these with blue cheese dipping sauce and celery sticks to cool things down when needed.
4 pounds chicken wings
3/4 stick butter
salt and pepper
1/2 cup your favorite hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
Blue Cheese Dip:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup half & half
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese + extra for serving
- For the wings, preheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pat the wings dry, and rub with salt and pepper.
- Spread wings evenly across lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. With a fork or tongs, turn over wings, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add hot sauce and chili flakes. Let sauce simmer until it begins to thickens.
- Toss the baked wings in sauce until thoroughly coated.
- For the blue cheese dip: Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, and top with extra blue cheese.
Made it? Tell us about it–