One of my favorite breakfast dishes, especially with a Bloody Maria on the side.
For the sauce:
2 garlic cloves
1 mild fresh chili pod
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
16 oz canned tomatoes
11⁄2 cups boiled beans, black or kidney beans
salt and black pepper from the mill, to taste
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 tomatoes, in cubes
2 avocados, in cubes
8 small corn tortillas
- Peel and chop the onions.
- De-seed the chili and remove the stem. Chop the chili.
- Sauté the chopped onion, garlic, and chili in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning. Stir the mixture for a few moments.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes and beans.
- Let simmer over mild heat for at least 15 minutes.
- Season with pepper. Taste the mixture. Salt may not be necessary as the taco seasoning mix has salt.
- Fry the eggs on a frying pan.
- Warm the tortillas.
- To assemble, spoon the bean sauce on the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with the eggs and the tomato and avocado cubes.
- Garnish with coriander.
You can add braised mince into the bean sauce!
Made it? Tell us about it–