Use the freshest fish you can find for this elegant starter.
17 oz fresh filleted firm white fish like snapper or grouper
half lemon, just the juice
6 medium lettuce leaves
6 ruby grapefruit segments
salt and white pepper, to taste
edible flowers, we used cucumber flowers
- Finely slice the fish fillets and dress with lemon juice.
- Season with white pepper and salt.
- Top the fresh lettuce leaves with a grapefruit segment each.
- Add some fine slices of marinated fish.
- Top with fresh edible flowers and serve immediately, encouraging guests to eat these by hand, taco style.
Made it? Tell us about it–