Making this dish is so easy, and the longer the pears marinate in the liquid the better—I usually let them sit overnight. Serve as is or a la mode.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
8 cups water
1 cup sugar
a few saffron strands
10 whole cardamom pods
6 pink peppercorns
1 cinnamon stick
4 small firm pears
- Place water, sugar, spices, and citrus in a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Peel the pears, leaving the stem, and add them to the liquid.
- Let the pears simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow pears cool in liquid. Let stand at least 6 hours, though overnight is best.
- Serve with a mint sprig and some extra liquid.
Made it? Tell us about it–