There's nothing better than lamb chops! This gremolata can be used for white fish, chicken, or turkey. Gremolata is a chopped herb condiment classically made of lemon zest, garlic, and parsley. It is a traditional accompaniment to the Milanese braised veal shank dish ossobuco alla milanese and is often served with lamb as well.
1 cup finely chopped parsley
grated zest of 3 lemons
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
crushed red pepper
1 rack of lamb, with 8-12 chops
butter, for frying
- In a bowl mix parsley, lemon, garlic, and oil, season with salt, pepper, and red peppercorns.
- Rub the meat in with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a pan and brown the rack on all sides.
- Place the pan in the oven at 380°F. They should need 12 minutes for medium-done.
- Take out the meat, let it rest 10 minutes, cut into chops, and serve with gremolata.
Made it? Tell us about it–