Use wild lavender honey in this ice cream for an extra floral note.
1⁄2 vanilla pod
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
6 to 8 fresh organic lavender stalks
4 tablespoons honey
5 large egg yolks
1⁄2 cup sugar
- Use a sharp knife and split the vanilla bean. Scrape out the seeds.
- Place in a pot with milk, cream, lavender, and honey. Stir until warm but not boiling.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Heat up the milk mixture and remove the lavender.
- Pour the warm milk into the eggs while whisking and pour it back into the pot.
- Heat it up, stirring until it thickens (do not let it boil).
- Cool and pour into an ice cream maker.
- Churn and freeze.
- Serve with some edible flowers, pistachio, and extra honey on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–