Give these marshmallows as gifts at Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter or anytime.
Makes about 80 pieces
1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
3 tablespoons gelatin powder
1⁄2 cup+1⁄2 cup water
1⁄2 pinch salt
2 cups cane sugar
3⁄4 cup glucose
a few drops purple food coloring
1 tablespoon dried lavender
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and corn starch over 2⁄3 of the baking sheet.
- Mix gelatin powder and 1⁄2 cup water.
- Mix the rest of the water with salt and sugar in a pot.
- Heat until the mixture reaches 240°F.
- Measure the glucose and heat in another pot until it liquefies.
- Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave or on the stove until it liquefies.
- Pour the gelatin and the glucose together into a food processor and whip for a couple of minutes.
- Add the warm sugar water to the bowl with glucose and gelatin while whipping gently.
- Start whipping more forcefully until the mixture gets white and fluffy.
- Add the food coloring and whip for a few more minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag with a round tip and pipe into small tops.
- Sprinkle the lavender flowers on top and dust with icing sugar and corn starch.
Made it? Tell us about it–