Buttermilk and lemon might sound like an odd combination at first, but trust me... you'll soon be addicted to this ice cream! I love how this ice cream SINGS when you take the first bite!
1 1/2 cups sugar (I usually use super-fine sugar for this recipe)
1 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
2 cups whole milk
2 cups half & half
2 cups buttermilk
Zest of 2 lemons
- In a large bowl mix sugar and lemon juice together until well mixed.
- Add all three milks and mix well.
- Add lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to machine directions.
- Transfer to a plastic container and putin freezer at least 2 hours to firm it all up.
Made it? Tell us about it–