1 cup almond meal1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 sticks salted butter, cold in pieces
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
5 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 stick salted butter. cold, in pieces
Candies lemon, optional
- Place almond meal, flour and sugar in a bowl, mix.
- Add the butter and work it into the flower with your fingers.
- The result should be grainy.
- Add egg and lemon zest and fast work the doughy together.
- If it seems dry, just add a few tablespoons iced water.
- Wrap in plastic and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Take it out and roll it out to a thin crust.
- Place in a greased pie tin. Use a fork to prick the bottom with.
- Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar to thick and creamy.
- Place over a water bath and add zest, lemon juice and butter.
- Beat until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Pour into the pie crust and cool until serving.
- Decorate with candied lemons.
Made it? Tell us about it–