1 large organic chicken
1 bunch basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
2 lemons, cut in half
2 pounds small potatoes
8 cloves garlic, left whole
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rub chicken well with olive oil.
- Lift up the breast skin gently and place a bunch of basil in the "pocket".
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven proof dish with potatoes and garlic.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with two lemon halts.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon over the chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, take it out and baste it and put it back in at 350F for about another 45 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–