A simple supper dish, you'll make these gnocchi again and again. They're so light and perfect. The spring vegetables and lemon work so well together, but you can really customize this dish as you like with whatever's onhand or fresh and in season.
1 lb fresh ricotta
zest of large lemon
¼ cup grated Parmesan+more, to sprinkle
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons chervil, finely chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
sea salt & white pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil+more, to drizzle
1 cup fresh English peas
2 cups fresh pea tendrils
fresh flowering herbs (optional)
- Place ricotta, zest, Parmesan, flour, chervil , and egg in a bowl and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Working 1 piece at a time, roll into a thin sausage shape. Repeat with the other pieces.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1” pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt.
- Working in batches, cook the gnocchi. Each piece is done when it floats to the surface.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the peas and tendrils and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi and gently toss with the peas.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan, flowering herbs, and drizzle with olive oil.
Here's our own recipe for FRESH RICOTTA: click here
Made it? Tell us about it–