A simple supper dish that delights in all things spring.
1 lb fresh ricotta
zest of large lemon
¼ cup grated Parmesan+more, to sprinkle
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons chervil, finely chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
sea salt & white pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil+more, to drizzle
1 cup fresh English peas
2 cups fresh pea tendrils
fresh flowering herbs (optional)
- Place ricotta, zest, Parmesan, flour, chervil , and egg in a bowl and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Working 1 piece at a time, roll into a thin sausage shape. Repeat with the other pieces.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1” pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt.
- Working in batches, cook the gnocchi. Each piece is done when it floats to the surface.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the peas and tendrils and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi and gently toss with the peas.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan, flowering herbs, and drizzle with olive oil.
Here's our own recipe for FRESH RICOTTA: click here
Made it? Tell us about it–