I love the mix of savory rosemary and bright lemon in this buttery shortbread!
Makes 9x9” pan
You will need:
3 sticks unsalted butter+more for greasing, at room temperature
3⁄4 cup sugar
31⁄4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 9x9” baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add to butter mixture and mix until combined; dough will remain crumbly.
- Pat dough evenly into prepared pan and prick with a toothpick or skewer about every 1⁄2”.
- Bake until lightly golden. This will take about 35 minutes.
- Cool for about 10–15 minutes. Cut shortbread while warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–