I love making this in the summer, as it feels so summery and fresh to me. I serve it on grilled country style bread instead of the typical hot dog bun.
How to cook a lobster: It’s so much easier than you think. If you can boil water then you can cook a lobster. Start with a live lobster. Fill a large pot with water, salt, a sliced lemon, and some fresh dill. Once the water is boiling, drop the lobster in head first. Cover the pot and boil for about 15 minutes (for an average-sized 1¼ lb lobster). It will be bright red and the tail will be curled. Take it out of the water. Do not rinse, but simply let it cool down to room temperature.
1 cooked lobster
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
grated zest of 1/2 lemon
salt & pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
8 slices country style white bread
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Break the lobster apart and coarsely chop the meat. Place in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix mayo, lemon, zest, salt, pepper, chives, spring onion, and red onion. Mix well.
- Mix the lobster with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a brush to coat the bread with melted butter. Place on a grill or in a grill pan until nice and golden on both sides.
- Serve the salad between bread with some extra lemon on the side.
Made it? Tell us about it–