These are among my ice pops to make. Some are for kids and some are more for grown ups—but they are all sure to keep you cool on a warm summer’s day.
MAKES 8–10 POPS
1 cup coconut, shredded
4 tablespoon coconut sugar (if you can’t find, use granulated sugar)
1½ cups water
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 3.5-ounce bars dark chocolate
2 tablespoons heavy cream
½ cup toasted shaved coconut
- Place the mangoes and shredded coconut in a saucepan.
- Add sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to liquefy the mixture.
- Fill your molds with the mixture, add sticks, and freeze solid. Takes up to 12 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and cream using a double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the pops from the mold and use a spoon to cover half the pop with chocolate.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.
The best way to remove pops from the mold is to run the mold under hot water for a few seconds, then gently pull out the pops. If they’re stuck, just put the mold under hot
water a little longer.
Made it? Tell us about it–