I call these kitchen sink bars because they've got everything but the kitchen sink inside... actually... there *might* be a kitchen sink in there somewhere too! SO yummy!
Makes 12 squares
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick salted butter, cold and diced
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cherries
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and use a mixer to work it in, the result should be crumbly.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until it forms a ball.
- Press the dough into a parchment lined 9x9 baking pan and top with cherries, chocolate chips, almond butter, pecans and almonds.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
Made it? Tell us about it–