1 large chicken
2 pounds small potatoes
8 shallots, peeled and cut in half
10 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 large carrots, diced
10 sage leafs
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup passion fruit pulp
3 tablespoons apricot jam
For the sauce:
1 cup of the chicken drippings
1/2 cube of vegetable stock
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F, 220C.
- Rub the chicken inn with salt and pepper.
- Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tray and place the chicken on top.
- The drippings from the chicken will seep into all the vegetables and make them oh so good.
- Stir together maple syrup, passionfruit and apricot jam in a bowl.
- Baste the chicken with the mixture.
- Into the oven with the beast and roast for about 1 1/2 hour or until the skin is golden and the juices run clear when pierced.
- Remember to baste the chicken every 15 minutes with the maple mixture.
- Take it out and pour 1 cup of the drippings into a saucepan.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before you start cutting into it.
- Add stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Let the sauce simmer until halved, add cream.
- Cook for 2 minutes, taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with all the vegetables and the sauce.
- They will clear the plates!
Made it? Tell us about it–