I adore pork belly, it's the star of this hearty salad!
3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
11/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 slices pork belly
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 pears, sliced
1 butternut squash, sliced
½ small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix salt, pepper, thyme, and onion powder in a bowl, and rub 3/4 of the mixture into the pork belly.
- Place the pork belly in an ovenproof dish, and cover it with the maple syrup.
- Roast until golden, about 30-45 minutes, turning over every 10 minutes.
- Place the pears and squash on a roasting tray, and drizzle with olive oil. Top with remaining salt, pepper, and dried thyme.
- Bake until golden and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cut the pork belly into slices and place it into bowls with red cabbage, greens, tomatoes, pears, and butternut squash.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–