Makes about 25
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
25 lolipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and maple syrup. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll out the dough to a thin layer and cut out stars, and place onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Mix powdered sugar and water to a thick frosting.
- Fill in a piping bag with a small tip and frost all around the stars.
- Sprinkle with décor sugar.
- Melt a little sugar in a pan and use that as glue to glue the sticks to the back of the cookies.
Made it? Tell us about it–