Perfect stew for a cold night!
3 cloves garlic
1 small eggplant
1 small zucchini
2 red bell peppers
1 stick celery
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ cup strong vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
salt (if needed) and ground black pepper
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
handful of fresh basil
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Slice all the other vegetables as well.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté all the vegetables in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, and bay leaf.
- Stir the stew, then cover and let it simmer on medium heat for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- If the stew becomes too thick or dries out, add more stock.
- Season the stew with herbs, black pepper, and salt (if desired).
- Add the olives, crumbled feta and the basil.
- Serve the stew on its own or with crusty bread.
Made it? Tell us about it–