Elegant and sooooo very delicious.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
Makes 10 large or 12 small meringues
You will need:
11/2 cups superfine sugar
5 egg whites, at room temperature
2 teaspoons orange blossom water
1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spread sugar over a tray lined with parchment paper and cook until just beginning to melt at the edges (but not caramelize), about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe the inside of a very clean mixing bowl, and the whisk, with the cut side of a lemon.
- Add eggs.
- Once the sugar begins to melt at the edges, set the mixer to high while you take the sugar out of the oven.
- With mixer continuing to whisk, pick-up the long sides of the parchment paper, holding between thumb and fore nger, and slowly funnel warm sugar into the mixing bowl.
- Continue beating until the whites have cooled, and are stiff and glossy, 10–15 minutes.
- Add the orange blossom water and combine.
- Turn the oven down to its lowest setting.
- With 2 large spoons, spoon the egg white mixture into 10 large or 12 small clouds onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and bake until clouds are crispy on the outside, and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. This could take up to 6 hours, so you may want to start this early in the day or even the night before.
- Turn the oven off, leaving meringues inside until they are cooled.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Don't have superfine sugar? Pulse regular white sugar in a food processor for a few seconds.
Made it? Tell us about it–