Gift a homemade mini pudding to someone special this holiday season. A thoughtful gift that looks great wrapped in vintage music paper.
You will need:
11⁄2 lbs mixed dried fruit
1⁄2 cup brandy
7 oz butter, softened
2⁄3cup brown sugar
1⁄3cup fresh orange juice
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
11⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs, madefrom day old bread
31⁄2 oz good quality dark chocolate,chopped or grated
vintage music paper and string
- Place dried fruit into a large bowl, pour over, brandy and mix well.
- Cover and stand overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Grease and base line 10 6 oz ramekins with parchment paper (we used a 12 cup Baker’s Secret loose base dessert pan).
- Place butter and sugar into a medium mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Add sifted flour, spices, breadcrumbs, and chocolate.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared tins.
- Use the back of a wet spoon to smooth tops of puddings.
- Cover each pudding with a round of parchment paper.
- Bake for 35–45 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center of puddings comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cool 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
- Once cool, wrap each pudding in parchment paper, then in a sheet of vintage music paper, and tie each with string or twine.
Made it? Tell us about it–