The person who coined the phrase "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" was right on target!
About 1 Quart
6 cups water
1 whole lemongrass stalk
1 small bunch fresh mint
1/3 cup agave syrup
- Cut the lemons and limes in half.
- Squeeze the juice into a pot and add the squeezed citrus bodies to the pot as well.
- Add the water, lemongrass, mint, and agave then bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then run through a sifter or sieve.
- To serve, add your cooled base to a glass filled with ice and top off with seltzer.
- You can serve some extra agave syrup on the side.
Made it? Tell us about it–