My mom's relish is a delightful combination of onions, carrots, and jalapeños! I love it with bread and cheese or on hot dogs and sausages!
Makes about five 1 cup jars of relish
6 jalapeno peppers, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1⁄3 cups apple cider vinegar
4 small yellow onions, chopped
1⁄4 cup carrots, chopped
1 teaspoon dill seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seed
- In a saucepan, add apple cider vinegar and sugar over low heat.
- Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add jalapeño peppers, onion, and carrots and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add mustard and dill.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve or package!
Made it? Tell us about it–