My mom wasn’t a big baker but she loved baking this cinnamon loaf. It’s sweet and satisfying in every bite.
1 envelope dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
3 cups all purpose flour
¼ cup+½ cup sugar
1⁄3 cup milk
3 tablespoons salted butter,
melted+more, for brushing
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix water and yeast and set aside.
- In the bowl or a stand-mixer, add flour and ¼ cup sugar.
- With the mixer going on low, pour in the milk, yeasted water, and melted butter.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Let the machine mix for 10–12 minutes.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl mix ½ cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 10x12”.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and roll together to form a loaf.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Use scissors and make V-shape cuts to the top of the loaf. Spread them apart so the loaf looks braided.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden. This will take about 20 minutes.
- As soon as the loaf comes out of the oven, brush it with melted butter.
- Cool on a wire rack
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and water to make a glaze.
- Glaze the loaf and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–