I am a huge fan of no-bake cakes!
This cake is inspired by a no-bake terrine dessert that my grandmother used to make in Norway from thin and spicy pepparkakor cookies and cream. The wonderful Moravian Spice Cookies from Crate & Barrelare a PERFECT substitute for my grandmother’s homemade cookies.
4 cups heavy cream
1 container mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup sugar
about 100 Moravian Spice Cookies
- Start by whipping the cream to soft peaks, add mascarpone and sugar and beat until you have a smooth cream.
- Place 7 cookies on a platter or cake stand.
- Spread with a layer of cream.
- Continue layering cookies and cream until you run out of cookies.
- Finish with cream.
- Let the cake set for at least 3 hours or overnight in the fridge.
Made it? Tell us about it–