You're going to want to make these again and again!
Makes 24 mini quiches
1 cup morels, chopped
1 tablespoon+1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1⁄2 cup shallots, sliced
5 oz package fresh baby spinach, torn into small pieces
1⁄2 cup ricotta
1⁄4 cup Parmesan, grated
1⁄4 cup cream
1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1⁄2 package or 10x10-inch sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- Clean morels by swishing in a bowl of cool water, allowing dirt to settle at the bottom.
- Place on kitchen towels and pat dry.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add morels, garlic and shallots, cooking until golden and fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and drizzle morels with remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add spinach by large handfuls, tossing with morels, shallots, and garlic.
- Stir constantly and cook until spinach has wilted and turned a dark green. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, beat eggs together.
- Stir in ricotta, Parmesan, cream, thyme, salt, and pepper until well blended. Add spinach mixture.
- Coat a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay pastry dough flat, divide into 24 squares.
- Place dough squares into mini muffin tins, tamping down to allow for egg mixture to pour in.
- Fill each with mixture and bake for 12–15 minutes, or until egg is set and dough edges are golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–