A rich and decadent cream sauce flavored with mushrooms and dill!
My good friend Alexandra used to make me this dish back in Norway. The sauce is so good, not just on pasta, but also on mashed potatoes, chicken, steak, fish or lamb... or just about anything!
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced (I like
fancy mixed packages.)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
11/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper
Parmesan for serving
pasta for 4
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, and sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in olive oil until the mushrooms start turn golden and the onion is soft.
- Add chicken stock, cream, and fresh dill.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper
- Cook up enough pasta or protien for four people. Remember to add salt to the water!
- Strain and place in a bowl.
- Add the sauce, toss, and serve with shaved Parmesan on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–