2 tablespoons olive oil
30 fresh black mussels, cleaned
150 ml Sauvignon Blanc
handful of edible flowers, leaves
- In a large pot, over high heat, bring olive oil up to just below smoking point.
- Add mussels all at once and immediately cover with the lid.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until shells just start to open, then add wine.
- Cook until all mussels shells have opened, stirring occasionally to evenly distribute heat.
- Strain mussels, retaining the stock.
- Remove mussels from shell, and add back into the stock.
- Heat through.
- Ladle 5 mussels and some sauce into bowls.
- Add the fresh gooseberries, flower petals, and leaves, and serve immediately.
Made it? Tell us about it–