This is a great classic carrot cake!
1 1⁄3 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 1⁄3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon+1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups grated carrots
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ stick butter, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, mix brown sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Add flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, carrots, and walnuts.
- Mix well and pour into 2 round buttered 9” cake tins.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the butter in a food processor and whisk until soft.
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla.
- Stir until you have a smooth frosting.
- Slice both cakes in halves and place the first layer on a stand. Spread on a layer of frosting and continue with all the layers.
- Spread the rest of the frosting over the cake.
- Decorate with fresh roses and some plastic deer.
Made it? Tell us about it–