This Baked Blueberry French Toast is super-duper fabulous for all blueberry and French toast lovers!
8 pieces Whole Wheat Bread or Gluten Free Bread (store bought 1/2 inch slices)
5 large Eggs, whisked
1/4 cup Milk (dairy or dairy free)
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup (plus more for topping)
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
2 cups Frozen Blueberries, thawed
8 pats of Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in the middle of the oven.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, salt & cinnamon.
- Dip each piece of bread in batter.
- Let excess drip back into bowl.
- Place bread on a single layer on sheet pan.
- Let the egg mixture soak into the bread for 5-10 minutes.
- Top bread with thawed blueberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until egg batter is soaked in & bread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven & top with butter & maple syrup. Serve while hot.
Don’t forget a pat of butter and some real maple syrup on each slice!
Made it? Tell us about it–