A sweet and savory delight!
From Karen: This dish makes me happy because it is the perfect fall dish! After our family goes apple picking each fall, it is the first recipe I make with our fresh picks from the day. After a summer of grilling and salads, it’s a comfort food indulgence that we just love! It’s known in my home as “candy meat!”
2 lbs pork loin
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup real maple syrup
½ tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ tablespoon cumin
½ tablespoon ginger
2 bay leaves
pinch of thyme
pinch of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Place pork loin in 9x12" baking dish and rub all sides with brown sugar.
- Pour half of maple syrup over pork.
- Cut apples and pears into wedges and place on and around pork.
- In a bowl, mix the nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, and ginger, then sprinkle on top of pork and fruit.
- Top with bay leaves, thyme, and rosemary, then add remaining maple syrup.
- Bake until cooked through, about 1 hour.
Best served with garlic mashed potatoes, because I encourage you to use the sauce that’s cooked in the pan as a gravy on the potatoes!
Made it? Tell us about it–