A refined and fancy vegetarian pasta dish!
From Chef Wolen: "This is an amazing recipe bringing together the stars of the season – ramps, morels and peas – with a great pasta. I love pasta, and I love vegetables; what better way to incorporate all these great seasonal flavors than with a pasta dish?"
You will need:
2 lbs. ricotta cheese
1 ¼ lb. flour
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 lg. egg
Here's a video on how to make cavatelli: Video
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
2 cups Parmesan cheese, rinds only
Salt to taste
5 morel mushrooms, washed
3 Tbs. English peas, blanched and shocked
Tops of 2 ramps, raw
6 asparagus tips, blanched
Chopped chives, to taste
- For the cavatelli you could use store-bought or make your own. Should you decide to make your own, simply combine all ingredients, rest for an hour and roll like in the video.
- For the parmesan cream, Bring all to a boil and cover with plastic wrap, steep for 1 hour and strain. Season with salt and keep warm.
- To finish, In a large pot with boiling water, cook 8 oz. of the pasta until it floats.
- In a separate medium sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons butter and all of the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables with about 6 Tbs. of the pasta cooking liquid, and stir until glazed and the sauce coats the pasta.
- Add chopped chives and season with salt.
- Place in serving dish and top with parmesan cheese and parmesan cream.
If you can't get ramps you could substitute leeks or green onions.
Made it? Tell us about it–