Peppers stuffed with meatball filling!
From Daniel: "This dish makes me happy because my grandmother would make it and preparing this dish is one of my fondest memories of her. They are easy and delicious and yet another way she would create a meal using her famous meatball recipe."
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
You will need:
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 red peppers
- 1 package Mama Mancini’s Meatballs in Slow Cooked Italian Sauce (or use your own favorite recipe! orSweet Paul's Meatball Recipe)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Slice top off of peppers and remove the membranes and seeds. Cook peppers (without the tops) in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Crush meatballs in sauce. Combine mixture with cooked rice. Fill the hollowed peppers to the top with the rice-meat-sauce mixture.
- Place peppers in a baking dish. Top peppers with cheese. Bake for ten minutes or until cheese melts.
This is a great recipe to make using leftover meatballs!
Made it? Tell us about it–