A perfectly fresh mix of sweet, juicy, crunchy, salty and tangy!
1 pound orecchiette pasta (or whatever other short pasta you prefer)
1 small cantaloup
5oz. smoked mozzarella
2-3 handfuls of fresh arugula
1 spring onion
1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon
10 leaves fresh basil
2oz. pine nuts
2oz olive oil
- Bring a big pot of water to boil, ad 1 tsp sea salt and cook the pasta until al dente (this usually means you'll need to drain it 60 to 30 seconds before the indicated time on the packet).
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the dressing: zest the orange, then juice the orange, the lime and half a lemon. Pour everything in a glass, ad the minced basil leaves, 1,5oz olive oil, two pinches of cracked black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and the spring onion, thinly sliced, mix and set aside.
- Roast the pine nuts in a non stick pan, tossing them around for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Scoop out the melon and peel then slice the avocado and add a dash of lemon juice to it.
- Drain the pasta. Put the pasta in a large serving bowl. Add the shredded arugula together with 1 tbsp of olive oil, and allow the pasta to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, add the melon, the avocado, the roasted pine nuts, the mozzarella (you can dice it or, better, just shred it with your hands) and the dressing
- Give tho whole thing a good toss then leave the it in the fridge for 20 minutes (it has to be cool but not cold) before serving it. Verify the seasoning before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–