The yummiest way to eat pecans!
From Ann: "These pecans are so easy to prepare and hard to resist. The incorporation
of an egg white creates a crispy, crunchy, sugar coating while the cinnamon
adds just the right amount of spice. A handful of these satisfy pre-dinner
munchies, and a small bowl set out for company is sure to delight."
You will need:
• 1 pound whole pecans
• 1 egg white plus one tablespoon water
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
• 1 rounded teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white with water until frothy. (I do this with a fork or small whisk.) Add pecans and gently toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over pecans and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a shallow, greased baking pan and bake at 275 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. When done, spread on another baking sheet and cool thoroughly. Store in an air-tight container. The pecans will stay fresh on counter for several days. I like to store them in the refrigerator where they will stay fresh for quite a while…not that they will last too long!
Always roast nuts at 275 even if the recipe calls for higher temps. The nuts turn out just as well but the chance of them over-browning if you miss the timer by a few minutes is greatly reduced!
Made it? Tell us about it–