Cardamom gives these cookies a unique flavor.
Makes about 40 cookies
1⁄2 cup butter
11⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 cup canola oil
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
21⁄2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
crushed pistachios, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Beat in the oil.
- Add the egg and beat till butter is light and fluffy.
- Add all other ingredients except flour and pistachios and beat some more.
- Gradually add in flour till dough forms.
- Make 1” balls by rolling between your hands. Place each ball onto a baking sheet and gently press down to flatten.
- On each flattened cookie, make an indentation in the center with your finger. Fill each indentation with crushed pistachios.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 250°F and bake for 2 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Made it? Tell us about it–