Sweet toasted breadcrumbs make this dish truly special!
This parfait is made from layers of wonderful homemade apple compote, toasted spiced breadcrumbs and sweet whipped cream.
You will need:
2 pounds Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon rum
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sweetend whipped cream (I always use homemade when I can)
- For the compote, place apples in a large skillet.
- Add lemon juice, raisins, rum and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- For the breadcrumbs, heat the butter in a skillet and add breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, spoon apple compote, breadcrumbs and cream in layers in 4 glasses.
- Chill a bit more if necessary to make sure all components are cold.
In norwegian its called "Tilslorte bondepiker", which translates to "farmer's daughters dressed in veils"!
Made it? Tell us about it–