Rich and buttery holiday cookies from Norway! This recipe is presented by our friends at Minted!
You can buy Pearl Sugar for decorating the cookies HERE.
You will need:
2 hard boiled egg yolks
2 raw egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg white
1/2 cup sugar or pearl sugar for decorating
- Place hard boiled and raw yolks into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix together with a fork.
- Add the sugar and mix well on medium.
- With the mixer on low, add butter and flour a little at a time and mix until smooth.
- Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Roll the dough out into 3/8 inch thick "snakes" about 4 inches long. Twist each one into an overlapped wreath shape and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Lightly brush with egg whites and sprinkle each with a little sugar.
- Bake until light golden, about 10 min.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–