In Norway we eat meatballs with tyttebærsyltetøy or lingonberry jam. You can buy this jam at many grocery stores.
I got this recipe directly from the Royal Chef of Arendelle, I’m sure all fans of Disney’s FROZEN® will be very happy to help prepare these meatballs. It’s so much fun to mix the ingredients and roll them into balls. And of course, the best part is eating them all up!
When you use your hands to mix or prepare food it’s always important to wash your hands well both before and after.
You can freeze them too! Make a big batch of these meatballs, allow them to cool completely, package them in freezer bags, and freeze them for up to 1 month.
Serves 6 kids, or a family of 4
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
1⁄2 pound ground sirloin
1⁄2 pound ground pork
3 tablespoons milk
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium-size pan and fry onion, garlic and carrots until the onion is soft.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sirloin, pork, milk, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 11⁄2" balls.
- Heat more oil in a large pan and add the meatballs; turning until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.
Made it? Tell us about it–