This is from my mormor's recipe box! Mustard and trout is a winning combo, and with a totally dairy-free dip, this dish is sure to please a variety of palates. Serve with crackers or lettuce wraps.
2 large trout filet, boneless
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chives
1/2 tablespoon dried dill
juice from 1 lemon
grated zest from 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush oil on a wire rack, and place the trout on the rack, skin-side down.
- Bake fish about 15 minutes, or when you can pull the flakes apart with a fork. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix trout, red onion, chives, dill, lemon juice and zest, and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper. If the mixture is dry, add a little more mustard.
Made it? Tell us about it–